Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Little Bit of Allison: The Ones That Moved

To start off with some exciting news--Lucas got accepted to UNLV and we will be moving down there this July! Eep! I am excited and nervous and sad...all at the same time. This post will give you the inside on all of that. :)

So to add a little background to my emotions, I'll tell you about when I moved for the very first time...when I was six. We were going to be moving to my declared home of Seattle and I was more excited than anything. I got to be the girl that moved. It sounded so cool, and I knew that any new kids to my elementary school would know that I had once been there, but now I had moved. For some reason it was like a badge of honor or something to me. I'm sure that after we moved that summer a few kids might have asked, but the answer as to where I went was most likely not as glorious as I imagined it would be. But when I was six, being that person meant being important, and remembered.

With Lucas and I moving so far away from the place we've established as our own, there comes a sense of sadness that I didn't think would come. I've wanted to leave Idaho since the day we moved back. All of the friends we've made here (and even just the ones I have made) have made me come to enjoy Idaho, and I am now somewhat sad to leave. I must say it's a bittersweet feeling. The days are going by so quickly and I know our moving day will show up out of no where and I will be left wondering where the time went.

On the flip side, I am so excited to move to a big city! Las Vegas is definitely bigger than I used to think it was. We went and found our apartment last week and I was baffled that Las Vegas was more than a few blocks known as the "strip". It was really fun though, and made moving all the more real.

So after we move down to Nevada, Lucas and I will become the ones that moved at our work. There's a new class of servers right now, and I can't help but imagine future conversations. They might be talking with some of the servers we work with now, and perhaps Lucas and I will be brought up or mentioned. The newbies will want to be reminded who the servers are referring to, and that will be our identifier. "Oh you know, the ones that moved". Well, at least I hope it will be. ;)

Now as I'm older, the tagline doesn't seem so glamorous. In fact, it's almost a sad phrase. I know that there are great things in store for us down in Nevada, but I can't help but be a little sad as we leave the things we've built here in Idaho.

Thank you for reading! I have a new blog post coming soon! :)

-Allison S. Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment