Tuesday, November 17, 2015

For My Bear


If love could be defined by a song or a rhyme,
We'd probably hear about it all the time.

Oh, wait, I guess we do...
That's why I'm always singing it to you.

But, unfortunately, "love" isn't a strong enough word
To describe what I feel for you,
How absurd!

I've searched and I've tried
To find something that would suffice,
Sometimes it even kept me up at night.

There has to be some way
To explain how I love you more and more and More each day

Some sentiment that says,
"You mean the world to me", and 
Nothing less

How could I say, "you're the most caring person I know" 
And have it mean so much more than any one phrase can show?

I wish there was a term
To explain how you make me burn...

With love for you, of course!
I didn't mean to that to sound any worse ;)

Oh what a pity that nothing in the English Language describes 
How much better you've made my life.

While I won't stop searching, true,
I guess "I love you, Lucas" will do.


-Allison S. Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment