Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 15: Trucking Along

I'm at that point in my life where I feel as though I'm trucking along.
Just going through the motions, trying to hold on.
I won't lie, life has gotten rather boring,
If my life were a book and you were reading it, you'd be snoring.

I don't like that I have only a few things to look forward to.
I wish I was dating someone, so I could be excited about "seeing you".
I feel as though everything is just floating by,
And as I thought about this the other night, it made me cry.

I'm tired of being lonely and tired of missing all them.
I don't know how to fix that though, as surely I would have my friend.
Maybe something exciting is just around the corner.
Oh how joyous that would be, to put my life in order.

I guess until then I'll just have to wait.
Keep doing what I've been doing, and maybe this boredom appreciate.
I'll just keep going, and write poem after poem about my memories,
Because until then, I'm stuck with nothing but these.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment