Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Little Bit of Allison: Positive Post

Ok, so I feel like the last...ten...posts have been some sort of rant. I should post something nice, so here it is.

I have so many great people in my life, so I suppose this is a tribute to them. Are you ready? Bring on the cheese!!

Where to start...? Hm, we'll start with Erin. So she was my neighbor when we first moved back to Idaho. She now lives elsewhere, but we have remained close. What I love about Erin is that her and I will spend months apart, and weeks without contact, but when we talk again, it's like nothing has changed. She has seen me through my crazy high school years, my broken hearted nights, and most importantly: my pregnancy. She never gave up on me, even when I had given up on me. She held me the nights I couldn't take it by myself. Even after Adelé was born, Erin helped me through the nights where I missed my darling daughter beyond management. Erin is like the ideal best friend. She calls me out when I'm acting dumb, then holds my hand while I suffer the consequences. Yeah, we've had our miffs, but I know she's my best friend because even when I was mad at her, she was the one I wanted to talk to about it...no one else. I think the hardest (and only hard thing) about being with Lucas is that I had to realize he needed to become my best friend in a different way than Erin had been. It's been a struggle to separate the two, but Erin has been so supportive and the best person for me during this transition from single life to almost married life. I know after I'm married Erin and I's relationship will shift, but knowing her, she will shift right along with it and be in the ER when I'm having my first baby (in like...5 years ;) ). I do love Erin like a sister, and she will forever be my dearest lady friend. Love you girl :)


Ok, next up, Mrs. Christine Wilkins. Oh buddy, should I begin with the first "Wellll....." or the last sob session? Haha Christine is like that rock that you keep hitting, even after the ocean has swept you miles away. Christine has always been that solid foundation for me in a spiritual sense. She never strayed from the church and she always let me know when what I was doing was lame. She saw my mistakes as things that needed to be overcome, and I think she took notes on what NOT to do ;). Christine got married on V-Day, and that was a super hard day for me. Yeah, I was single and pregnant, but I had to let my bestie forever-estie go. She was stepping up her game in the married life, and I had to take front row seats. Scott is awesome and I'm so glad they ended up together. They just fit each other so well. Oh hey, just like Lucas and I! Fancy that ;) really though, Scott and Christine have been great support systems and I love that Chris Web/Wilk like another sister. She saved me through HS. Oh buddy did she ever. :3 Love you guuurrrl! :)


Alright, The Balls. Haha their name just sums it all up. Aly is so awesome guys, like seriously. She's like the version of me I want to be in 2 years. We are so similar it's crazy. We have the same name too! She just spells it wrong ;) And Jordan, oh man. That kid is hilarious, and Lucas really likes him...so I see a ton of game nights in our near future. Aly gets me on a whole level I don't think even I understand. When I need to vent, she vents with me. I love that. She understands my angst like no one else. Oh Aly, you rock :)



Taylor, Taylor, Taylor. Or should I say TAY TAY!! Wanna go out with Rae Rae and Bren Bren? Haha! Taylor made it possible for me to get through the Dental Assisting program, like seriously. I remember all the angst us girls went through, and Taylor cooled me down multiple times. Plus, our trip to Utah was a real bonding time. We have had many talks that were beneficial to me in more ways than one. Love that sassy girl.


Alright, last but NOT least, my Bear. (You saw this coming, right?) Oh man, Lucas is my anchor. He is so amazing and is really a miracle in my life. Never would I have imagined someone as great as him. He is so honest and loyal and charming...and...and...oh the list goes on forever. He settles me down, and speeds me up. He's everything I need that I thought I could live without. He's what makes me happy when I'm sad, what pulls me close when I want to fly away, and the support when I can't stand on my own. He helped me see the Heavenly Father really is aware of us, and is a loving God who wants the best, even if we have to learn the hard way. I love Lucas Clark, and can't wait to marry him in less than 2 months (eep!!). Love you Bear.


Alright, there are more friends like the Egan family (Holly, Robyn, Lauralynn...), Curtis, Derek, The OG crew, several Rosewood Ward members, and even Salt Lake friends (Jelena) that I could write about, but Bear just got here...and he's hungry ;) love you all!!

-Allison Susanne De Arton
2014

No comments:

Post a Comment