Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Hard Week

Beaten, worn down

Smiling, fight that frown

Rugged, need a break

Give, all they can take

Sleeping, peace at last

Slipping, time going too fast

Awaken, start all over

Sobbing, in the back corner

Lying, everything will be fine

Denying, it just takes time

Confused, feeling alone

Lost, don’t know where to go

Bruises, from worn out knees

Praying, Lord, Help me…Please

Quiet, lying awake

Soul, it’s Yours to take

Peace, finally arrives

Whisper, I hear you, you’re mine

Comfort, not forgotten

Love, somehow untrodden

Dreaming, of good things to come

Holding, onto unconditional love

Warmth, throughout my heart

Awaken, I get a fresh start.

-Allison S. Dahl



1 comment:

  1. This really touched me! I love you! You're amazing. Two weeks ago I was having a very ruff day. I was praying and crying and feeling misunderstood and forgotten. Suddenly I recieved an over whelming feeling of love, comfort, and a voice that said you're greatest value is not of this world, Hang on! We're loved, and valued, and understood by a father who knows who we truly are!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete