Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Little Bit of Allison: The Past is Past

I haven't thought about a particular someone, to whom of which both poems this week are about, in quite a while. In fact, I hadn't thought of him in over a year. Until tonight of course. I don't know what sparked all the memories, but alas they came flooding in, and I found myself wishing to he back in those moments...for I feel I didn't enjoy them as much as I could have. I replay them in my head and wonder what I would give to relive that memory, and this time really breathe it in. Appreciate it for all it's worth.

This person and I were never really official, but boy did I love him. I met him the first day I moved to California and it took me months to get him out if my mind. When I moved home, it wasn't long before I started writing him his novel letter that I still keep hidden in a pocket in a folder stashed away. I think the letter is like 15 or 20 pages long. Anyways, obviously I really liked the kid.

As I thought about all this, I began to realize no matter how I wished or tortured myself with these memories, they'd never come to life. It's gone and over and there's nothing to be done, besides appreciate the fact I got the moments in the first place. I won't lie, I still miss the lad. Not as often as I used to of course, but enough to regret the way we ended. I don't remember why, I actually think I never knew why he ended it, but oh well. The past is past and it's over with. I will hold those memories close and cherish them when they decide to visit, but until then, accepting and moving on will have to do.

Thanks for reading!
-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment