Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 13: A Solemn Prayer

Oh, give me the strength to go forth with this life.
Give me the courage to continue through strife.
Please help me through the waters, so unforgiving they are,
Please guide me to calmer shores, whether near or far.

I do not wish to be  alone at this time,
I do wish for someone to be by my side.
Oh guide, Dear One, guide me to that place
Where I will know who he is, and see his face.

Don't leave me alone, in this, the darkest hour of mine.
Don't look away from my tears, or leave me to die.
I know I have gone astray and have done wrong,
But please forgive me and give me strength to go along.

This life is short, or so I've been told.
I guess I won't know until I've grown old,
But please, oh please, don't leave me to drown,
Please help me from this despair, don't let me fall down.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment