Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 14: Memory

Here I am, living in our memory.
Dreaming of the time when it was you and me.
I remember it as if it were yesterday,
Although now almost two years have passed away.
You were the boy who was no good for me.
You were the one that I had to sneak around to see.
I convinced myself then that I loved you so.
I told myself it didn't matter, so there was no need to say no.
I remember after I moved home, I dreamt of you every night.
And as I lay there, I cried, holding onto my pillow so tight.
I missed you for what felt like an eternity,
And even now I miss those nights you'd come and see me.
Do you remember when we talked about what we love?
How I like the stars, and you like making shapes of the clouds above.
Oh what a dream, what a lovely thing we shared,
But now I'm trapped in our memory, wondering if you ever truly cared.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment