Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Little Bit of Allison: Feelings of Inadequacy

So, lately my life hasn't been the easiest. I've had all sorts of issues with work, stress, and (most of all) feelings of inadequacy. I can handle work and stress, but the worst thing is these thoughts of "I'm not good enough for Lucas" entering my head like they're welcome. Well, those thoughts are NOT welcome and I am not a fan of them.

Tonight Lucas and I discussed heavy matters like we sometimes do. I explained to him how I felt inadequate and unworthy of his time. He told me that some of his friends felt the same way. Now, if you know Lucas, you know he is too kind to tell me names. I guess I'll always be wondering which of his friends thinks he's marrying down. Anyway, Lucas said to me that he doesn't feel that way at all. In fact, he thinks he lucked out by getting me. He doesn't care one bit about my past, and he doesn't care about the details. He said he's happy that it got me to where I am, and he's more concerned with how my current issues are burdening me.

After this uplifting conversation, I sent Lucas home with a kiss like usual. As he drove away, this post came to mind. How many of us girls feel inadequate because of our pasts? How many of us humans feel like we deserve less than we really do? Well, I would hate to know the number of how many because I firmly believe that we ALL deserve the best. We all deserve to marry someone out of our league, and we ALL deserve the best for us.

To all those who think Lucas is marrying down: You're right in your own eyes, but to Lucas, you couldn't be more wrong. And quite frankly, Lucas has the only opinion I actually care about. So thank you for your concern, but no thanks on hearing more of it.

To all those who feel they fell short of the worthy line: You're wrong. You are a fantastic soul.


-Allison Susanne De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment