Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A LOT of Allison: The Fox met the Bear

Ok ok, so I know everyone is DYING to hear the proposal story. Agh, I'll write it I guess ;)



So Lucas and I met and the place "We're All Family Here". I swear, that OG pops out couples like babies. My heck. So, Lucas is EVERYTHING I said I would NEVER marry. He's:

-From Rigby
-A country boy
-Loves hunting and fishing
-Innocent as all get out
-A country boy (did I mention that already?)
-From Idaho * 230992374935785738374 (I used to hate Idaho. Like really, truly, strongly dislike it.)
-Same workplace (I thought I would need a break from my future husband)

So, here are the things I LOVE about Lucas Dahl:

-A country boy
-Loves hunting and fishing
-Innocent as all get out
-A country boy (did I mention that already?)
-From Idaho * 230992374935785738374 (I used to hate Idaho. Like really, truly, strongly dislike it.)
-Same workplace (I thought I would need a break from my future husband)

Hm. Fancy that.

Lucas treats me like I'm some sort of queen. He NEVER makes me feel less that a million dollars, and if he accidentally does, he's the first to fix it. Man, that boy. His heart is made of solid gold. AND that gold is my precious (Insert Gollum(sp?) jokes here.)


My ring has five diamonds on it (EVERY KISS BEGINS WITH KAY, btw. Seriously though. Kay Jewelers. That's what's up.) On Sunday, I leaned over to Lucas and said: "One baby for each diamond."
His face went bright red and he laughed and whispered, "...good thing I didn't get the twenty diamond ring.." Hahah, oh man. Still cracks me up.

So, April 3rd, Lucas and I went on our very first date. He asked me out *in person* in the OG parking lot on March 31st.

We had such a blast. We talked for 4 HOURS in the hills about everything you shouldn't talk about on a first date. Marriage, kids, my daughter, which temple, past childhood fears, memories, ex girlfriends, ex boyfriends, hardships, failures, and lastly, jokes. We laughed, I almost cried and we slow danced under the stars to Yellow by Coldplay (Kyle C. Brown, you should know now why I fell madly in love that very night.)

After the dance ended, Lucas presented a challenge. He said,

"This is awkward, but I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now."

If you know me, you know I love a challenge. I had 2 and a half weeks before he went up to BYU-I-do and I knew I had to snag him before some other marriage hungry freshman did. He was going to be mine, but I was pressed for time. SO I began planning and plotting with my brother, Jacob (27, married, one new little baby nephew...lives with us now...so stay away from our house if you don't want trouble ;) )

I went to see Kyle Brown that weekend, an old childhood friend whom I haven't seen for 7 years. Oh Kyle, how nothing has changed blows my mind. You're still that same 6th grader who called me hot and chased me around with your cousin. Good times. Anyway, back to Lucas.

Jake immediately said, "Allison, you're in the fragile stages. You have to invite him to something...like the conference breakfast. Something."

So that very night, I told Lucas my first and last lie. He called me and my car rang. Lucas doesn't know this, but my bestie Erin Norma was in the front seat and listened to the entire conversation. Sorry Bear. You were nervous and I wanted you to be ok with talking to me :D Forgive me??

So Saturday rolled around and I told him I could tell him a bedtime story. Well my friends, that bedtime story lasted 5 hours and 40 minutes. Haha ohh man. And that is where the clothed gecko came into play. Yes, I'm making an announcement: I am starting my own (our own) clothing line for geckos, squirrels, and turkeys. Maybe hens...possibly rabbits. We'll see.

this is the face you're making right now, right?


So the dates passed and on Monday, April 7th, Mr. Dahl and I shared our first kiss. MMM. That boy. 

I'm sorry Bear, I had to add this. Please don't be angry! ;)

So after our kiss, my brother advised to not let Lucas kiss me until we were "official". Yeah, that lasted 5 days. Well, 4 dates and 5 days haha.

I have spent the LEAST amount of money on Lucas. We go crazy just doing things. Picnics. Betting on which bird will fly away first. Laughing. Tickle fights. Tag. Trampoline jumps in my backyard. Chatting with his parents and younger sister Miranda. (I've spent more money on Miranda than I have Lucas. She's in hair school and gets tips. What can I say? Girl knows what she's doing.)

Being that Lucas is a server, I would leave him extremely generous tips during our early stages of dating. Mostly because I love him..I mean..I knew he needed to save monies. 

Fun LA fact #24: Lucas and Allison both love shoes. Allison has over 40 pairs, and Lucas has an unreasonable about of shoes as well. Fancy that.



Ok, so you get it. Now time for the good stuff: The Proposal.



A picture is worth a thousand words. So, let's do some el photos.





















































Looks like you'll have to wait for the proposal story. >:)

Allison Susanne De Arton, the future Mr. Lucas Clark Dahl's wifey.

1 comment: