Thursday, June 19, 2014

A LOT of Allison: ...The Fox and The Bear, part 2

Alright alright. After being pestered by several work friends (OG, you know who you are ;) ), it's time for the proposal. Let's begin with a picture, so 1,000 words down.

The pics


Ok, so it began as a usual night. Dinner with the Dahl's (delicious steak fajitas) and then off to a hike at  Cress Creek (15 minutes from his house). So, if you're LDS, you know that Tuesday=Mutual. Oh brother. Those darn kids were running around like someone sprayed them with catnip. Yeesh.

*SIDE NOTE: I picked up Ziggy earlier that day in Lucas's neighborhood. Baha. Two Rigby boys stole my heart. AND they're KEEPING it. Yikes ;)


It had just rained and the clouds are painting the sky with a beautiful artwork of etched silver and hot pink, leading to the sunset. The air was fresh. We enjoyed the dinner, and now were asked to take out the trash using the truck. I like a challenge, so I decided to try and figure out what "taking out the trash using the truck" meant. *Oh golly, I've been too busy being a "city" girl I forgot how to load a GIANT truck. yeesh, get it together, Allison.

Minutes passed and I was getting antsy.

If you know me, I'm pretty spoiled. When you take too much of MY time, I get annoyed. So, Bear, I was annoyed ;)

I gradually, yet forcefully decided to interrupt whatever conversation was being held. I caught the tail end of Luke's dad saying, "Just wait on the Facebook thing..."

What?

Then Bear, looking like he got caught, said, "Uh I couldn't...uh, find the keys."

What? You couldn't find the keys? You idiot, you keep them in the same spot to the left after you walk in. That's your excuse? YOU COULDN'T find the KEYSS??????

My thoughts went from: slightly annoyed-> annoyed -> moderately annoyed -> (to now, at this redheaded point of mine)..furious. Livid, whatever. You get my point.

Luke's dad said: Redheads are just blondes with high blood pressure. Yep.

We finally got up to Cress Creek. So we're hiking and there's all these little LDS youth group kids running around. Driving sitting next to Bear in the GIANT truck was all but frustrating. SO nice to regain my thoughts. (Is it weird that traffic soothes me? Thanks, Seattle.)

Then all these little Deacons and Priest, Laurels and Beehives and Mia Maids were running around like someone just told them to go wild. Oh wait. Someone did. Thanks youth group leaders. You know who you are.... ;)

So Bear starts asking all these questions:

"We can do this eternity thing, right?"

-Well yeah, duh.

"You mean like, forever, right?"

-Lucas, come on. Yes.

"So even if I come home upset over a professor or dumb HW assignment, you'll be there?"

-Lucas, I love you. I will stop dinner, put those darn kiddos in their room, sit you down and love on ya til you feel better.

Then came the heart wrenching moment:

"You'll still love me even if I don't propose yet?"

Heart: drop to the belly
Tears: Well up to the brim
Heart again: Shatter
Thought: He's not doing it tonight.

"Allison, I just want it to be the perfect moment.

*WARNING: SENSITIVE BLUNTNESS COMING*

-Lucas, the right time is when you decide to 'grow a pair' and do it. I don't want to wait around for the "perfect" time.

Ain't Nobody got time for that.

Back on track.

"Ok, let's go to the top this time."

*SIDE NOTE* the first time we did cress creek, I was wearing the wrong shoes and my tosies hurt :( so we could only go halfway.

It wrapped around one last time, and a random post catches my eye.

A post!! A little fence thing! Yeeep!

I skip to the post and hear the footsteps stop.

Heart: stops
Mind: what the...?
Eyes: Bear, what's wrong with Bear.
Action: look at Bear.

I turn and see the most nervous, about to barf, slight beads of sweat forming beneath the hairline form of Lucas Clark than I have ever seen outside of the OG.

*SIDE NOTE* Man, Lucas is hot. Whew.

I run to him and kiss his neck and mew, "Bear, Bear!! What's wrong, are you ok?!?!?"

With his hands raised to my shoulders, he claimed, "We can do this together right?"

Eyes: roll
Mind: YES for crying out loud
Heart: skips a beat

Then, with slow hesitance and slight caution, he slowly reaches into his pocket and fiddles with a little black box.

Arms: immediate rush to the gaping mouth
Heart: races
Mind: ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*234983759836246732

"Allison, will you marry me?"

-YES!! yes!! I will make you sandwiches, YES!!

*Makeout sesh*

Whewew. Sorry Stephanie Meyer and all those involved in Twilight, but Edward ain't got NOTHING on my Bear. Lucas's heart sparkles alone through the soft, tattered, brusied from football, and ached hands from ruthless girls holding them. *No offense, but if you broke my Bear's heart more than once, I'd appreciate it if you simply "float away" like the paperwork in Monster's Inc. Am I clear?*

So there he was/is. My Bear, My Love, My Eternal Companion. 5 diamonds on the engagement band, from KAY JEWLER'S!! (Located in the mall across from Best Buy Mobile, and Jensen Jeweler's.) Every Kiss, now, then, forever, began with Kay, and Brandon who works there.

I love my Lucas Clark Dahl, and I can hardly WAIT to marry my best friend.


-Allison Susanne De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment