Sunday, September 23, 2012

P.O.C.A.

It's an interesting thing, this life we live.
We take all we can, and do our best to give.
It can get hard and lonely, and sometimes sad,
But when we stop and think, we're grateful for what we have.

The joy of life is simple yet hard to understand.
It can be a lesson learned, or something unplanned.
Life has it's own way of showing us new things.
Sometimes it's happy, this story it brings.

"I wish I knew then what I know now,"
Is a common phrase for us all somehow.
Yet if I really knew then what I know now,
Where would the learning be, where all the "how"?

Yes there are times where I look back and cringe,
But I keep moving forward, and not let my past, my future hinge.
I feel that if I stop and really think,
I'll find plenty of joy in my life, and it won't really stink.

So many things to be grateful for in this challenging time,
How lucky I am that this life is mine.
I look at it proudly, with a smile on my face,
For no one is me, and I cannot be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment