Monday, September 17, 2012

So Sorry! /// Torn: Week 5

I've had quite the week and was sick all day yesterday, so my apologies for not posting on Wednesday or yesterday. I hope these two poems will make it up!!


TORN


I want to talk to you.
I want us to be friends.
I want to see you again.
I don't want to be used as a means to an end.

I'm tired of these games we play.
I'm tired of those words you wouldn't say.
I'm tired of the pain I feel.
I'm not tired of this feeling, feeling of real.

These tears won't stop falling.
These tears stream down my face.
These tears result from your lack of calling.
These fake laughs are my only embrace.

I hear their whispers loud and clear.
I hear their reasonings as to why you're not here.
I hear my heart loudly pound.
I don't hear your voice, that melodic sound.

I guess I'll have to let go now.
I guess I'll say goodbye.
I guess I'll forget you somehow, because
I know you will no longer be the influence of my cry.


Allison S. De Arton


No comments:

Post a Comment