Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 6: Autumn

There is something about the Autumn air
That brings in new joy everywhere.

I love the trees and their color change,
I love the new season, time to rearrange.

New books and pens, and pencils too.
New stories about the summer for you.

I love when Halloween is near,
So ready for the holidays, I make that clear.

Walking outside in the morning breeze
Makes me happy, so happy indeed.

There's another aspect to Fall that I love
It's something hard to describe, hard to paint a picture of.

I love the environment of starting new.
Of new beginnings, new times without you.

It may seem harsh to word it like that,
But now is my time to completely come back.

Whether in school, or at work, or play,
I now get to be me, every single day.

No worries or cares about the past,
Just my life going, oh so fast.

Fall has its moments of sadness as well,
But I know the next morning, I'll be happy as far as anyone can tell.

I can't wait to carve pumpkins, all orange and round.
I love the leaves I walk on, crunching on the ground.

Autumn, I'm so glad you're here,
I can't wait for the holiday season, oh it's so very near.

Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment