Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Zen

     This week has been quite the interesting one. I've had an Idaho trip planned for some time now, and it finally came. I came up for my birthday, then went back to Utah to work and then back to Idaho for my week long vacation. Well, on my way to Idaho the first time, (on my actual birthday) my car decided to break down half way between Idaho Falls and Salt Lake in a middle-of-no-where town called Malad. So I got to take a nice little nap on the side of I-15 for two hours while my parents came out to my rescue. My poor little Herrman (car) is in Malad right now being fixed. It'll be done by Sunday when I head home.

     So this week has thus far been an interesting one. I can't decide if it has been hectic or relaxing. On one hand, I slept for 13 hours the first day I was here. So that was fantastic. But then it feels like I've been running around doing things all day, every day. It's only Wednesday and I'm ready to go back to Utah. Idaho has that effect on people, though, so I'm not too surprised.

     Today I went on a bike ride. It was on my awesome beach cruiser I got for my 17th birthday, it has a basket and everything. Anyways, I was riding and thinking and there's no better place to do that than here in good old Idaho. The day was nice and there was a breeze. I feel so poetic just describing the day, haha, but it was quite enjoyable. As I thought about everything that's happening in my life, a sort of peace happened. I don't really know how to describe it other than using the word Zen. I've never really done that kind of stuff, but it seems that that's the only word to describe the feeling. It was so nice to be in a state of complete calmness that I couldn't help but come home and blog about it.

     With this state of "zen", I also came up with a few good poems that will have to (unfortunately) wait until Sunday. I also came up with the conclusion that no matter how crazy life gets, it always goes on. I'm sure that's been said a million times, but actually believing it is the key. And today, I finally believed it. 

     Well, after all this, I still have half a week left here in Idaho. I hope it goes by fast so I can get to work at 7am on Monday morning. Why I'm scheduled that early, I have no idea. Anyways, thanks for reading! :)


Allison S. De Arton





No comments:

Post a Comment