Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Little Bit of Allison: Time

I've always thought time was an interesting thing. The more I've thought about it though, the more crazy the concept of time actually is. Think about it, and you'll understand.

Time is such a major part of our lives. It governs pretty much everything we do. We wake up at a certain time. We go to work or school at a specific time. Meetings, tests, appointments...everything based on time. It's also very important to be "on time".

Another thing time has is answers. We've all heard the phrase "only time will tell" or "you'll see in time". This can either make us love time, or for people like me, hate it. I've always wanted to know what happens next, or who I will wake up next to for the rest of my life, or what my kids will look like. When I was in high school, I would always pray and ask if I could just wake up ten years from now and be there for five minutes, then I would be "good" for the rest of my days. Yeah, my wish was never granted.

There is also another thing time does. It heals. Yes, you read that correctly. Time has a mysterious way of fixing broken things. Broken hearts, broken friendships, and broken lives. Time has an interesting way of making the past hurt less, or seem less vivid. It has a way of making us forget or move on.

The final power of time that I'm going to blog about is time's ability for anticipation. Count downs for things such as the days until Christmas, your birthday, or the final seconds of the past year all give us a sense of excitement. I love the holidays for the sole purpose of the anticipated days that are all too short. Time has a way of making us wait, yet letting the fun times slip away all too quickly.

Well, thank you for taking the time (haha) to read this. Cheers!

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment