Monday, October 29, 2012

P.O.C.A.

I could see myself sitting here years from now
Reflecting on this time and wondering how
I never got the courage to go out and change
This state I'm in, how I was too afraid to rearrange.
I could see myself frowning at the current status
And begging to know why I didn't give in to the madness.
I can see tears streaming down my face as I think how easy it would have been
If only I had the courage to do what I wanted to then.

I know people have their opinions on what I should do
But I'm tired of following what they say, instead of doing what I want to.
If I want to be a part of something or of someone's life,
Then sheesh, let me at least give it an honest try.

I don't want to be sitting here years from now,
Hating myself because I can't answer how
I didn't give it a shot when I very well could have.
I don't want to be lonely and drive myself mad.

So years from now I'll sit and be happy, because I did what I felt I should
Even when nobody thought I actually could.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment