Thursday, October 4, 2012

P.O.C.A.

I remember you and me.
I remember your smile, you being happy.
I remember the times you held my hand.
I remember feeling so grand.

I still wish those days were here.
I still miss you, miss you so my dear.
If only you knew what went through my mind
When I think about you every night.

I wish you could be here, helping me.
Only you would understand what I need.
I miss your blue eyes and bright smile.
I miss knowing I was worth your while.

What ever happened to you and I?
What ever happened to "never say goodbye"?
I feel as though all my poems these days
Are about you, in various ways.

I miss looking up at you, and knowing you were mine.
I miss spending hours with you, getting lost in time.
Remember when you said you loved me?
Remember when our future was all you could see?

I know our past has damages and breaks,
But we could make it work, whatever it takes.
If only you had the same determination as I,
Then this could really happen, no doubt in my mind.

I won't say goodbye and end this now.
I'll hold on to the hope you'll turn around,
Come back to me, and want things to change.
Until then, I'll just rearrange.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment