Friday, October 19, 2012

P.O.C.A.

This one is a little late, but I'm glad I waited :) Here goes:

I didn't want it to turn out this way,
But I'm sitting all alone.
I don't have a friend or anyone
To call on my phone.

I look down at the screen,
So empty it appears.
I don't know what I'm doing,
No I don't know what I'm doing here.

It's colder and feels lonely now,
It's me against the world.
I'm waiting for the final blow,
For the ending to unfurl.

I hear the words she said,
As she was saying it wasn't fair.
Oh how I wish I could relive that moment,
And feel the love I felt there.

Oh little one, I hope you understand
That whatever decision I make,
It's with your best interest at hand.

I wait for the day when everything will be clear.
When all this sadness will be worth the joy
That I will hold close to me so dear.

So I end this now, as I close my eyes.
I'll step on to the battlefield
And take the hits with no surprise.

I do everything I do for one purpose alone
And that is to end up happy,
And to end up in a glorious home.

Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment