Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 10: Forgotten

It's only been a little while,
But here I am trying to remember your smile.

You haven't called or sent a text.
I figured this would be what happened next.

I was kind of hoping we'd always be friends...
But now it looks like I don't matter to you, don't pretend.

I've messaged you a few times saying this or the other,
But alas no reply, I fear we've moved on from each other.

You were the one person who I would still call an acquaintance.
I didn't really think our friendship would need so much maintenance.

I feel as though I was a leaf in your life.
You watched it bloom and now that it's gone, you suffer no strife.

I drifted in the wind once the fall came and I fell from our tree,
But now I'm still drifting and you don't search after me.

Why was it that we had to become such very good mates?
I feel as though our time has now been wasted, as our lack of communication states.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter.
Your words were sweet, and me they did flatter,

But time is still going,
And a lack of interest in this "friendship" is all that you're showing.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment