Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 8: Alone

It seems as though I'm doing this alone.
No one to stand by me,
Or pick up the phone.
When the night time rolls in,
It feels all too real.
I wish you were here,
Your warm hand I'd feel.

I know I messed up, and caused this break.
I repeatedly write about it,
For I realize it was a mistake.
If only you'd listen to the words from my heart,
I know we could try again with a brand new start.

Things would have to be different this time,
For last it didn't work, this we both know.
I promise I'll try harder,
And not let you so easily go.

Do you not feel it too?
The loneliness creeping in?
It burdens my every thought,
Relentlessly reminding me of my sin.

I want you to know I'll never really move on,
Though each poem I write,
Indicates I have, or will soon be strong.

These are just my ways of coping.
I'll always be here,
For your heart I'm hoping.

Every time I try to say goodbye,
The Lonely Monster comes,
And drowns my eyes.
I won't say it now, for I'll never truly leave.
I miss you love,
Please come back to me.

Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment