Sunday, October 7, 2012

P.O.C.A.

I'll be quite blunt, this poem was not fun.
I can't seem to think of something to write about,
Not two things, not one.

I saw a movie just the other night,
That inspired me to write like this,
All simple, and tight.

As you might guess, it was indeed
A Dr. Seuss movie, 
That gave me this need.

I like the quote he had,
It made me happy,
And still a little sad.

I thought about my life and where it's going.
It's not going down,
But not up as it seems to be showing.

Every poem I've written in the past while,
Has been about a certain someone,
His heart and his smile.

I don't recall the last time I wrote
Simply to write, and rhyme
With words like boat.

So I suppose this is it,
The poem with no meaning.
It'll have to do this time,
So happy reading!

Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment