Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 9: Disappointed

I guess I should've seen this coming.
Not one, but two friends throw me to the ground running.
I should've thought this would happen to me
Since they weren't great friends in the first place, you see.

I think I knew in the back of my mind,
That all this would happen in due time.
To be honest, I had hoped it wouldn't.
But alas I was a fool for thinking it couldn't.

What is a friend anyhow?
Is it someone who will let you down?
I used to think no, but now I'm unsure,
For it seems those friendships are left a blur.

You did what any friend should never do.
No, it doesn't matter what I've done to you.
Why? Because that's the point, I said I was sorry.
But that didn't stop you from hurting me harshly.

When it came down to it, you didn't even care.
You said "be careful who you trust" like I wasn't even there.
I'm tired of these games, and when you suddenly get mad.
I hate how these friendships now just make me sad.

Who knows what I will do, because I always seem to forgive.
If I didn't, with myself I just couldn't live.
So I guess I'll pretend like they didn't hurt me,
And make the lines of hurt and pain quite blurry.

-Allison S. De Arton

No comments:

Post a Comment